CAREER OPPORTUNITIES @ STC
Since 1971, STC has been a vital cultural entity in the community, presenting audiences with the chance to experience award-winning productions that are emotionally powerful, socially conscious, consummately entertaining, and often uniquely reflective of our great northern lifestyle. STC is the only English-language professional theatre between Sudbury and Thunder Bay.
STC IS CURRENTLY SEEKING A BOX OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
30 to 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 10am to 6pm
The Box Office Administrative Assistant reports directly to Dennis Cropper, Director of Administration.
Sudbury Theatre Centre is looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, organizing and maintaining organization in the Box Office and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be the successful Box Office Administrative Assistant, candidates should be professional, polite and attentive while also being accurate. They should have an interest in theatre, come to work prepared and be willing to meet each challenge directly. Candidates must be self motivated, be comfortable with computers and general office tasks and excel at both verbal and written communication.
- Handling office tasks such as filing, generating reports and presentations, assisting the bookkeeper and reordering supplies.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Administration, creating and filing artist contracts for each production.
- Making billeting arrangements for out of town artists.
- Answering phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Using computers to generate reports, track patron statistics, create presentations and conduct research.
- Greet and assist patrons.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail and mail.
- Coordinate with our Front of House volunteers.
- Run the Box Office during open hours, sell tickets, book groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Dennis Cropper by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 16 JAN at 6pm.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
STC IS CURRENTLY SEEKING APPLICATIONS FROM SUDBURIANS WISHING TO BECOME MEMBERS OF ITS BOARD OF GOVERNORS
Appointments are for three-year terms with potential renewal for two additional years. The Board is responsible for the overall supervision of the STC. This role includes approving STC’s policies, budgets, projects, final recommendations and reports. STC will consider the following factors in selecting STC Governors:
- demonstrated interest in theatre, capacity to operate effectively as a member of a volunteer board, willingness to work and make adequate time for effective contributions;
- ability to influence financial support for the theatre;
- technical or professional skills, including those in theatre or the arts, and/or background and experience in the direction or management of similar institutions;
- preference that the Board be drawn principally from individuals residing and/or working in the geographical area served by STC;
- ensuring the Board reflects Ontario’s diversity, including indigenous and francophone representation;
- ensuring the Board includes a wide vocational range.
Please click the APPLY NOW button to submit a letter of intent and resume by email detailing why you believe you are an ideal candidate for this role and how you fulfil each of the requirements as detailed in the position description.